This post is a long time coming! Thanks for your patience as I got my thoughts together about the 24 Day Challenge!
Let me start this post by saying that I LOVED Advocare! I loved the way that it made me feel, and I loved how my body felt, and how my workouts felt better while eating a cleaner diet.
I lost about 8 pounds, give or take, during the 24 days. My weight fluctuates a lot, depending on what time of the day I was weighing myself. Unfortunately, I kept forgetting to get my inches (my arms are too short to do it myself!) and at this point after 10 days of doing the challenge I don’t think I’d get an accurate representation anymore. However, my clothes were fitting differently, so I would assume I lost some inches!
- Having a lot of energy. I’m someone who feels like I could take a nap daily, yet never felt the need to do so during the challenge.
- SPARK. I am obsessed with this drink from them. I’ve been thinking of ordering more instead of drinking coffee/soda.
- Fueling my body with healthy, non-processed food made me feel SO much better.
- It definitely helped my running! I felt stronger during the 24 day challenge than I have in a long time.
- The community. There is a Facebook group which is SO helpful, and there are also a lot of resources available. Plus, lots of my blends were doing/had done the challenge, so I could reach out to them as well.
- Getting myself into more of a groove with meals, and small snacks within the day.
- A variety of foods that you can eat. I never really felt hungry or deprived during this challenge.
- FIBER DRINK. This needs to go first. It does NOT taste good. Just drink it as fast as you can, and don’t let it sit too long or it will continue to get more gelatinous and even harder (if that’s possible) to drink.
- Planning ahead. This isn’t really a con, per say, but it’s something to think about prior to beginning the challenge. You are eating a lot during the day, and especially days when I had class, I really had to think ahead.
- Do you know what happens when you don’t drink soda for 24 days? The tolerance you think you had? It’s gone! I had a soda at 8 p.m. (something I have done before) and I was up for hours after that. Whoops!
- No alcohol. I’m not someone who drinks a lot, but there were a few times when I went out to dinner with friends and I didn’t mind not drinking but it’s definitely something to think about.
- Speaking of going out to eat, it was a little hard, especially going out to sushi, to not get my normal order (shrimp tempura is my favorite) However, it was also nice to try new things.
- Self control. Especially the first few days, it was a shock to my system to not eat a bunch of crap and every commercial on TV (like Nutella, I was drooling at the Nutella commercials) made me want to jump ship and not do the challenge anymore! That definitely got better, and you definitely just need to stick it out.
- The money. I think it was worth every penny, but it definitely is a decent amount of money. It’s something I planned ahead for to be able to afford, and I’m really happy that I did.
- In the Challenge Bundle, you only get just enough of all the materials. I did the Bundle, just because I was afraid of not ordering enough of everything or the correct things ordering everything separately. I would have liked to be able to have a shake during the first 10 days (an option) just for a quicker breakfast option, and they only give you a few extra Sparks. Doing it again, I may have ordered more of both knowing that. Also, they give you the Citrus Fiber drink in the bundle, which I have already noted is AWFUL. Apparently, the Peaches and Cream is better, but I can’t speak to that as I haven’t had it!
All and all, I really enjoyed the challenge. Unfortunately, I haven’t been following the eating plan really at ALL since the 10 days after the challenge. I’m still working on not using food as a comfort when things aren’t going well, and I have been eating like crap lately. That will be stopping now!
I plan to continue to eat the same way I was during the challenge, whole grain carbs, fruits, vegetables, 3 snacks a day. I’ll still be incorporating diet soda and coffee into my diet, because I enjoy them.
I’m looking forward to continuing to make progress, as I’d definitely like to lose some poundage before my birthday and BLEND!
Do you eat a mostly clean diet? I need to get back on that horse!
What are your thoughts on Advocare if you’ve tried it. If you haven’t, are you thinking about it?